Small business success is very similar to learning to walk, talk and spell. The basics have to be understood before moving on to the next step. I am blessed to have twin 3 year old girls in my life and am amazed constantly how much I learn from them on a daily basis. As I watch them run around and explore, I find myself realizing just how much my observations apply to being successful and happy in life and in business.
So take heart in the following tips – they may come from little people but they have the power of giants. To your happiness and your success !
1. No matter how small you are you can change lots of lives - your goal for starting your business should be to change lives in one way or another. Remember this in everything you do - how can I change my customers lives ?
2. Climb that wall - no matter how big the wall is - persistence pays off in the end. Never give up on your dreams and keep on trying.
3. Times when you appear small and frail are when you can surprise everyone with your hidden strengths. Everyone in business pays attention to what the big boys are doing and how they became successful. What they miss though is the small businesses that quietly make substantial profits every year. These companies go about their business quietly and draw attention from the customers - not the competition.
4. Act like a silly goof whenever and wherever you want – people will never forget you - and that is what every business owner should dream of - sticking in everyone’s mind.
5. Remember to share – People can get very protective of what they learn and how they achieve success. When you have something of value that would benefit others – share ! IT will come back to you one hundred fold . You do have you rights also - protect what is not to be shared and make sure others know it is yours and yours only.
6. Run naked every once in a while. Well ok, you don’t have to be naked but run – have fun, be free and try to be a kid again. Having kids gives you that chance again and it is incredible to relive the fun that you used to have – when you weren’t so serious about life and business.
7. Lay back on the grass and watch the clouds go by whenever you have a chance. Reflection and relaxation can be one of the most powerful combinations that you can ask for in your personal and business success – use it !
8. Put on a fancy hat - dress up for the day. Nothing can make you feel like a new person more than a complete change in clothing. Wear something you usually would not wear – or something you have always wanted to wear but were afraid to. In business this one little point can make you stand out from all of the rest. Wear a tacky tie, or a purple shirt, or a new hat every day – your customers will never forget you.
9. Silence is not always a good thing. Usually it means something big is brewing and trouble is near. If you find too many of your competitors are quiet or your clients are quieter than usual – figure out why ! Something serious could be happening out there and you better find out what it is.
10. Find some sand and let your toes dig in. Sand has an amazing soothing quality to it. If you do not have sand near your house or business – go buy a bag of sand at your local garden center and put it in a small box you can dip your feet in. Try this when you are working on a tough problem – new ideas will pop into your head in no time.
By Troy White of www.SmallBusinessCopywriter.com... “Turning Words Into Wealth” Helping entrepreneurs jump start their business success and profit growth through uncommon, yet highly profitable, marketing techniques.
http://www.SmallBusinessCopywriter.com… sign up for our *Free* newsletter on-line …Call 1-877-259-4566… or email email@example.com
© Small Business Copywriter.com 2004