|If you own your own website, there are a variety of things you can do to generate extra income for yourself. To enjoy the most success for your efforts, you must take into consideration your existing website content, as well as your particular target audience. You will also want to know the approximate number of visitors you regularly receive to your website.|
Once you have this information, you can decide which idea(s) will apply best to you:
1. Include Google Adsense on your web pages. Google delivers text and image ads that are targeted to your site and its content. When people click on an ad, you will receive a portion of the amount paid to Google by the advertiser. On average, you can expect to receive anywhere between 2 cents to a dollar per click, depending on the keyword.
2. Make money selling other people's products and services through affiliate programs. Each program you register for should provide you with an affiliate link to track your referrals. Depending on the program, you will normally be paid on a per sale basis or for each sign-up you generate.
3. Sell advertising space on your web site. You could sell banner and/or classified ads. If you want to make additional money, sell sponsor ads and place them is a special section or towards the top of your website for the most exposure.
4. If you have enough web space available on your server, you could rent web pages to other people. You could also give the web pages away for free, but include your banner or advertisement on them to generate income for yourself.
5. Charge people a fee to access a dedicated part of your website. People will pay you money for your website content if it's valuable to them. The content can be ebooks, reports, software, etc.
6. Sell your own products or services. Of course, they should be related to your target audience. You will also want the ability to securely accept credit card payments directly from your website. Other forms of payment such as PayPal, ClickBank, etc. is also preferred. Delivery of your product should be as fast as possible.
7. Publish an e-zine from your website. Have people subscribe to the e-zine right from your web site. In addition to direct sales of products or services you are promoting, you could sell classified or sponsor advertising inside your e-zine.
Each of these ideas will generate income, but if you are a new website owner, I recommend starting with Google Adsense. These ads continue to grow in popularity and are easy to customize and install on your web pages–simply copy and paste a block of HTML.
For new internet home business entrepreneurs, in addition to Google Ads, you should also consider affiliate programs. Most affiliate programs are free to join and usually offer marketing tools and resources that are readily available for your use.
John Purdy is an affiliate marketer and operates his own internet home business. For access to free affiliate programs, work at home opportunities and other resources on the home business industry, visit his website at: http://www.home-business-concepts.com
How MSN and Yahoo Sells Your Traffic
Yes, it really happens. Now you might find it hard to believe but
you will understand after I explain.
Prior to late 2004, Google undisputedly ruled the search engine
world. During the second half of the year things took a dramatic...
Mom Entrepreneurs-Leverage Yourselves!
Copyright 2005 Glen Snethun
You need some extra money each month and you’re thinking of starting a new business. You know deep down that you have what it takes to do almost anything. But you're torn. You're not sure you have the time to...
The Tax Grind
Copyright 2005 Levi Skinner
As an owner of a home based business, a person is also responsible for keeping track of everything they will need for filing their taxes. This is an aspect of the home based business opportunity which confuses many...
Emerging Methods for Effective Search Engine Ranking
Search Engine traffic has always been and continues to be one of the best ways to drive qualified traffic to a web site - it presents information about goods and services when the interest level is high and it can be acted on immediately. Up...
Eight Simple Ways To Use Promotional Products Online
With the increase competition on the Internet, it can be hard to find ways to make your company seem different from everyone else. One thing I believe Internet marketers are failing to utilize correctly is promotional products.