In this article we will look at how to get non reciprocal links.
Webmasters have become paranoid with link popularity therefor making it the most popular SEO techniques that is used on the web today. Why should you be worried about link popularity? Because it is one of the most important things that search engines use to rank web sites. Search engines have begun to see a problem with this because webmasters are trading links left and right. So now they put less importance on reciprocal links. Below you will see how easy it is to get non reciprocal.
1) You should get your site listed in both Yahoo! and the DMOZ because it can boost the rank of a site much more than a few links from an other site. It can be hard to get listed in both Yahoo! and the DMOZ because they only accept sites that offer original content and sites that are believed to be useful to Internet surfers. To get in Yahoo! it may cost you from free to 299 dollars, it depends on what category the site belongs to. The DMOZ is free matter what category your site belongs to.
2) Write articles to be published on other sites, like this article here you are reading. Use your expertise to write useful articles in your subject/market to be published. You can submit to Yahoo! Groups and articlecity.com. The sites that include your article will also include a resource box with a link back to your site.
3) Get your site listed in directories that are related to your site's market. This is very useful at not only boasting your ranking in the search engines, but getting you targeted traffic. If you own a site that's about games search with game resources or game directory. Let's say your site is about dogs search with animal links or dog directory. You can also try...
Add site + your keyword/market
Add URL + your keyword/market
Submit URL + your keyword/market
Suggest URL + your keyword/market
Your Region + Add url/market
your keywords + "directory/market
4) Create a great content site, if your site has great content or something that no one else offers you will find over time people will link to you because they feel that you have great content or service(s). It takes a lot of time to get links from other web sites this way, but it is well worth the time. You should write artless that are related to your site's market, if you are not that great at writing articles or not sure where to start have a look at articlecity.com to get articles that you can publish on your site.
5) Put your signature at the end of each of your posts at forums. Join forums that are related to your site's market and post about subjects that you know about with your signature at the end of the message. Some forums allow this, but not all do allow this, so you should make sure it's allowed by checking the web site's rules or the term of services that you have to agree to. Also don't go around spamming the forums with your links because this WILL make you hated more than you are liked and will make visitors not trust your site.
Matt Colyer is the owner of the Marhen.com Network which includes www.linkexchangeit.com and is a part-time SEO. He also is a php, CGI and ASP developer.