One of the best ways to promote your website is by writing articles that you can post in e-zines, and sites that provide free content to e-zine publishers. This will help you develop credibility and, with time, build a solid customer base. There are a few things to take into account to maximize the effectiveness of this sometimes overlooked marketing technique:
- Your article should be short and to the point. It must act as a free sample that entices your reader to go to your website for more.
- To maximize its effectiveness, you should present it as a tip, a solution to a problem.
- Write in easy to understand ďlaymanísĒ terms.
- Whenever possible, write from personal experience. People love to hear other peopleís experiences (how did they do it?). This approach also tends to hold their attention longer.
- Be extra-careful to avoid spelling and grammatical errors. They will make you loose credibility.
- Donít make your article sound like a sales pitch; offer honest, value-adding advice.
- Donít include links to your affiliate programs in the body of your article. It will make your advice seem biased.
- Finally, donít forget the most important part: always include a resource box at the end of your article. A resource box is a small paragraph (no longer than six lines) with your name, the name of your business, a short tagline, and that all-important link to your website. If your readers like your article, they will follow your link and you will be getting instant, high quality traffic to your site.
Mario Sanchez publishes The Internet Digest (http://www.theinternetdigest.net) a website and newsletter that gives you free advice on web design and Internet marketing.
What can make You a Fantastic Internet Marketeer?
You've probably know many answers to this question: a good marketeer palces links, bad one - don't, good one makes surveys, bad one - don't, etc. All of these answers are right, but there is one key difference.
I'm gonna share it with you....
Newsletters Are Vital to Your Home Based Business Success
Copyright 2005 Chris Stirling
If you own a home based business then generating web site traffic is probably the primary thing you spend your time worrying about. The reason this is such a concern for you is because online competition is stiff and...
Specialty or Niche Directory Submissions
The following article was written for and originally published by Resources For Attorneys.com . You are an attorney or other service or product provider. You have built an excellent web site, it looks good, it is well optimized and it tells...
Submitting Your Website
Now that your site is built properly, it is time to submit it to be indexed. One common approach is the use of automated submission software, which is not a good idea and instead I suggest performing manual submissions. Below are links to the...
Two Myths about the Search Engine Listing
Getting top search engine listing is perhaps one of the hottest subjects in the internet marketing world. The problem is that many discussions on this subject are based on speculation. Almost no one knows the exact algorithms of the search engines....