|Bear in mind that directing loads of traffic to your websites is always a good thing, but directing untargeted visitors to your websites could mean just that - "directing traffic". While you are looking for highly targeted and quality traffic, understanding what you want your visitors to do on your websites would be a good first move. Attract the right people to do just what you want them to do - either to purchase your products, to refer others to your websites, to leave their contact information or to click on your ads. |
Then, find where these people are coming from.
All traffic generation methods won't produce the same results. One traffic generation could be a gold mine to a person and a graveyard to the other. Pick the ones that you like to explore and experiment.
With that in mind, here are a few high powered ways to increase your traffic to your websites.
1. Trade links with other web sites. They should be related to the subject of your web site. Instead of trading links, you could also trade banner ads, half page ads, classified ads, etc.
2. Start an e-zine for your web site. When people read each issue they'll be reminded to revisit your web site. They'll see your product ad more than just once. You get repeated traffic from the same visitors too.
3. Form an online community. It could be an online message board, e-mail discussion list or chat room. When people get involved in your community they will regularly return to communicate with others.
4. Write articles and submit them to e-zines, web sites and magazines that accept article submissions. Include your business information and web address at the end of the article.
5. Give away an electronic freebie with your ad on it. Allow your visitors to also give the freebie away. This'll increase your ad exposure and attract people to your web site at the same time.
6. Combine your products or services into one big package deal with other businesses offerings. You could share a web site and advertise the package deal; which means double the traffic.
7. Submit your freebie to the online directories that list your particular item or service for free. If you're offering a free e-zine, submit it to all the free e-zine directories on the internet.
8. Participate on message boards. Post answers to other people's questions, ask questions and post appropriate information. Include your signature file at the end of all your postings.
9. Exchange classified or sponsor ads with other free e-zine publishers. If there is a huge subscriber difference between e-zines, one can run more ads to make up for it.
10. Post your ad on free advertising areas on the internet. You can post it on free classified ad sites, free for all links sites, newsgroups that allow ads, free yellow page directories, etc.
11. Plug in affiliate programs to your products. Offer generous commissions to your affiliates for each sale, each click, or each subscriber they bring to you. To start your own affiliate programs, check out these two sites:
12. Install refer-friend scripts on your websites. To motivate your website visitors to refer their
friends and contacts to your websites, reward them with freebies once their referrals visit your websites.
I use this script from Alex Sampson's Explosive List Building at
13. Don't forget Pay-Per-Click campaigns. Advertise your websites at Overture or Google. A good reading material to start on Google Adwords pay-per-click campaign is from Google Cash at
These are only a few ways to drive traffic to your website. You can combine a few methods or use all of them to bring more visitors to your website more effectively.
Zamri Nanyan models a low-cost, high-profit concept to build successful internet businesses, as mentioned at www.LowCost-HighProfit.com. He now owns and operates several money-making websites from the comfort of his own house. Read more about Zamri Nanyan at www.ZamriNanyan.com.
Home Business Affiliate Marketing
How would you like to make money with a Home Business
without ever having to sell anything? There are lots of
people earning thousands of dollars doing just that. There
are very few home businesses that are easier or cost less
The Wrong Email Format Can Destroy Your Offer
Which email format is more effective to use, Text or HTML?
A good question, many experts have been debating over for awhile now, is which email format is more effective. It all depends on who you ask, many people prefer the text format over...
The secret of how I got GoogleCash for free with 1 minute's extra effort.
Copyright 2005 Michael Lever
Hi, my name is Michael and Iím about to share an amazing discovery with you.
Donít bother scrolling down to see the price. There is none. I am giving you this information free. Why? Because as you are about to...
You cannot FAIL at an online business if you are never really IN business in the first place.
Statistics used in online sales letters are often abused and misunderstood in many ways. Both from the consumersí standpoint and, either purposefully or unknowingly, by product and service providers of all types.
Have you heard the oldest...
Need Article Ideas?
Writer's block...need I say more? Every writer experiences writer's block at one time or another. For a writer using the marketing with articles technique the block often starts with trying to generate a new article idea. There are many...