|Copyright 2005 Michael Tansey|
There are hundreds of ways that you can promote your online business or website, some more effective than others. These five proven methods will help you to generate traffic to your site and also to generate income towards your bottom line.
1. One thing that appeals to everyone is “FREE.” If it is free people will take it. Think of the samples of cheese given away at grocery stores. Do you really want a small piece of cheese? Of course not! But you take it simply because it is free and someone is nice enough to offer it to you. The same principle applies with information or services offered from your website. You can send out free newsletters or offer a free trail period. One popular thing that is being given away now are free credit reports or free PC scans. These freebies are what we in the marketing field like to call teasers. After running the free credit report or PC scan we alert the customer if there was something found on their credit record or PC and then offer to show them what it is or repair the problem for a price. This can be an effective way to get information to your potential customers, create sales or to generate traffic to your site.
2. Your website contains information about a service or product that you are very knowledgeable about. You can use this knowledge to generate traffic to your site by writing articles in your area of expertise and having them published in an ezine or an article information site. The most effective way to use these articles is to write them for free and ask in return that the publisher allow you to include a byline. A byline is a very short summary of the author, their credentials and their website. Your byline is a way that readers will come to know you as an expert on the topic and will in turn come to trust your site as a source of credible information.
3. Some search engines will allow a website to purchase their ranking. This is an excellent Internet marketing technique which is effective and inexpensive. In the pay-per-click programs, websites are only billed for those who actually visit the page, unlike banner ads which may be seen by millions but only used by a few. When using the pay-per-click program you are asked to choose keywords and when those are entered, your site will appear and if the surfer chooses to view your site, you will be billed for that click. Many pay-per-click programs will offer other benefits as well, such as updated lists of commonly used keywords.
4. You should remember that others are in the same boat as you. You can choose to network with those who have similar marketing ideas. When networking you will be able to share links and refer customers to each other. You should always be very cautious when choosing a networking partner as everything that you recommend is a reflection of yourself or your product and therefore, you should be certain that your networking partner is a reputable source of information.
5. Simply because your website is online, doesn’t mean that all your advertising must be. Advertise in newspapers, TV, radio or you can even send out a press release to get your information to thousands of people all over the country.
Mike Tansey can help YOU start your own profitable business on the Internet within the next 24 hours...
Seek Engines: What If 'Seek' Had Bumped Out 'Search'?
In the early days of the World Wide Web, when things were just getting started many geek speak terms were jockeying for position to be the standards for years to come. I used to drive by a California-based company every day that had named...
Why you should NOT submit your site on Search Engines
Before to answer to this question we have to know what is the difference between a search engine and directory. Here is a brief explanation.
Main difference between search engine and directory lay in the way how websites get entered into...
Reciprocal Linking - A Business Partnership
Link popularity is becoming the latest "in-thing" to get your website ranking well with the Search Engines.
Getting links to your website is critical but there are some guidelines that should be followed for successful Reciprocal Linking. In...
Five tips to improve your chances with Google et al.
"Dear David: I just created a website on baby toy safety. What should I do to make sure gazillions of people find me through the search engines?"
I can't promise you gazillions, but there are a few things you should do to make it easy for...
The Power of Membership Programs
Copyright 2005 Peter Dobler
Membership programs are the best way to create residual income. You know the kind of income that is coming in month after month for years to come or at least as long as the referral remains a member of the service you...