|Do you feel as if you live in the world of "I won't think about this today, I'll worry about it tomorrow" with your home based business? Are you afraid to begin? You don't know what to do, therefore it is just easier not to think about it? Just maybe you are suffering from the Scarlett O'Hara syndrome! Don't fall into this trap. Start your home based business today. Procrastination could cost you in the long run.|
It can be very confusing and overwhelming when starting a home business. But, putting it off until tomorrow is not the solution. If you follow some simple steps, starting a home base business can be less complicated.
1. SET YOUR GOALS. If you don't know where you want to go, you will never get there. Imagine where you would like your business to be this time next week, next month, even next year. Dream. Now do everything in your power to get there.
2. SET TIME FOR YOUR BUSINESS. You must invest time into any business and this is also true with your home based business. It will not just magically happen. You can not expect a free ride. You must work at it. If you do not have the time to invest in your business, you will not succeed. Set aside ample time each day to really work your business and soon you will begin to reap the rewards.
3. SET YOUR BUDGET. You are the only person that knows how much you can invest in your home based business. Do NOT get carried away in this area. It is very easy to "sign up" for everything you see. Start small if you have to. You do not want to start your home based business with the frustration of added expenses. Be certain you have the resources to cover the expenses you incur. Stay within your budget.
4. BE REALISTIC. In all likelihood you won't become a millionaire over night. Gosh, wouldn't that be wonderful. But you can be pretty certain that won't happen. Don't let this discourage you or make you decide to put off building your business until "tomorrow". It takes time to build any business. The sooner you begin, the sooner you will reach you goal!
5. KNOW YOUR LIMITATIONS. Just because you aren't a computer whiz, doesn't mean you aren't capable of learning. There is help available. Search the web. Ask questions. We have found people willing to build web sites for FREE! If you aren't comfortable or unsure of how to do something, by all means ask for assistance.
6. JOIN FORUMS You will find some very helpful information. Other entrepreneurs, just as yourself, are always eager and willing to help in any way they can. You will find so many friendly, helpful people! Get ideas and advice from some of the best on-line "gurus" in the forums. Don't hesitate to ask your questions. Remember everyone had to start at ground zero.
7. LAUGH AT YOURSELF. It sure beats crying. In all likelihood you will make some BIG mistakes. Laugh about it. You aren't the first and you won't be the last. Learn from your errors. Don't quit. When you do have your successful business, you will also have gained a storehouse of knowledge and advice for the people following after you.
It is time to fire Ms. O'Hara from your business. Think about your home based business TODAY. Get out there TODAY. Get started today. Don't wait for tomorrow. Others are doing it and you can, too, TODAY.
Copyright © 2005 by Hank and Dot Stevens
----------------------------------------Hank and Dot Stevens enjoy helping other people obtain their dream of financial freedom by working from home. They own several websites including http://www.work-at-home-4-freedom.com/pips.html
About the Author
Hank and Dot Stevens are looking forward to retiring from the "9-5" in the very near future. This will be possible due to their on line businesses.
6 Secret Signs of an Easy Home Business
If you take a look around the Internet, you'll find hundreds of thousands of people who are looking for an easy home business. But what exactly does EASY mean? The answer depends on who is answering the question!
In this article, I'm going...
Start a Home Based Business
What would it be like to start a home based business? Many people wonder this on Sundays as they dread the beginning of the next work week. The only real problem, and what prevents most people from starting a home based business, is belief...
Get real about Home Businesses!!!
Copyright 2005 Michelle Cornes Are you thinking it might be time to take control and work for yourself? The degree to which YOU are up for this challenge is everything. Here are some of the things about yourself that you really need to be...